The Town of Leland Inspections Department is responsible for the enforcement of the North Carolina State Building Codes to protect lives, health and property in the Town of Leland. Inspectors are available 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and after 3:00 p.m. to answer specific questions. Appointments are recommended. Our staff consists of four multi trade inspectors and an administrative assistant to assist with the permitting process, regulations and codes in relation to your specific project.
The Inspections Department will also serve the community in times of disaster by assisting in the observation and assessment of damaged structures.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Phone: (910) 371-3754
Fax: (910) 371-1158 (For Inspection Requests)
Regulation of Liquefied Petroleum Gas System required
- T-Pole - Temporary electrical power to site
- Mfg. Home Piers
- Footing (ground after it is cleared and dug and ready to have concrete or Block put in); at this time it also must be sprayed for termites.
- Under Slab
- Slab & Slab Insulation
- Garage Slab
- Floor System
- Sheathing and Nailing
- Framing and Roughs - Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical.
- Gas Tank and Pressure
- Final Trades
- Final Building - Completed Project
- Drainage - MUST have been graded for positive water flow
- C.O. - Certificate of Occupancy/ Certificate of Compliance (All work is completed and approved).
- Obtain a building permit application form from the Building Inspections Department located in Town Hall or download from the links below.
- The primary contractor MUST sign and put their N.C. license number on the application, including all subcontractors' names, license numbers, and addresses.
- All State and Local Codes must be followed.
- Fill out forms in FULL.
- Signed by Primary Contractors with License Numbers.
- Signed by Owner.
- Must supply survey and plot plan with applicable setbacks and sewer permit.
- Two (2) Complete Sets of plans, (required for both residential and commercial construction) and one (1) complete set of .PDF plans submitted on disc (required for commercial construction).
- Any inspection requests will be taken from 8:00 am and 4:00 pm for the next business day’s schedule. Any inspections requested after 4:00 pm will be scheduled for two (2) business days later. We accept inspection requests via fax, call, email, or walk-in. Do not call for an Inspection until the work to be inspected is ready.
- If you would like a phone call prior to your inspection, this must be requested when scheduling your inspection. Please make sure to use a valid contact number to ensure that the inspectors are able to reach you when they are on the way.
- If a Code Violation is found a $50.00 fee will be assessed before the job/work will be inspected again.