To view the Lanvale Forest Annexation Report please click here
From FEMA: Transitional Sheltering Assistance Ends Soon
To date 871 households have sheltered in TSA participating hotels, 646 have found suitable, longer-term housing and moved on with their recovery. As of Feb. 24, 225 households remain checked in to hotels.
TSA is a sheltering option to help fill a gap until survivors identify housing solutions. It is available in the following counties: Brunswick, Carteret, Craven, Jones, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender and Robeson. FEMA pays hotels directly for the cost of the room and taxes.
At the request of the State of North Carolina, FEMA activated TSA after the Sept. 14, 2018 disaster declaration. The cost of the program to date is more than $5.4 million with FEMA paying 75 percent and the State of North Carolina covering the remaining 25 percent.
Survivors in TSA are strongly encouraged to maintain contact with Disaster Case Management, the state, voluntary agencies, local organizations, long-term recovery groups and other partners to find suitable housing before March 12.
FEMA, the state and their partners have helped people living in TSA hotels create their own housing plan, suggested housing resources, and notified survivors of their check out date. For more information, they should contact their case advisor or call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.
The state has contracted with experienced case managers who will work in conjunction with faith-based and volunteer organizations to help meet survivors’ unmet needs.
To contact the Disaster Case Management service provider, please email: DCMNC@Endeavors.org or call one of the two offices depending on where you live.
Residents of Anson, Bladen, Brunswick, Chatham, Columbus, Cumberland, Durham, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Moore, New Hanover, Orange, Richmond, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland and Union counties should call the Fayetteville office at (910) 672-6175
Residents of Beaufort, Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Onslow, Pamlico, Pender, Pitt, Wayne, and Wilson counties should call the Jacksonville office at (910) 378-4913.
FEMA’s mission: Helping people before, during and after disasters.