Leland 2045 - Planning for Generations
Creating a plan for the future of Leland
Leland is creating a comprehensive plan for land use that updates, incorporates, and builds upon land use and transportation plans previously adopted by Leland, while creating the policy framework for intelligent growth over a 25-year planning horizon.
Leland has partnered with Design Workshop, a renowned and award-winning consulting firm with over 60 years of experience to create the Leland 2045 plan. Leland 2045 will include the following elements:
- Community Assessment – A thorough review of population, housing, demographic, and economic trends, and projections
- Natural Resources, Resiliency, and Hazard Mitigation – An analysis of environmental assets, areas for preservation and conservation, and how future development can be guided in a manner to minimize susceptibility to natural disasters
- Historic, Cultural, and Heritage Preservation and Enhancement – An inventory of historic, cultural, and heritage resources and information and how future development can celebrate and enhance the history and culture of the area
- Land Use and Community Design – An analysis of Leland's existing land use and recommendations for a framework for future development that creates place-based neighborhood nodes and transects
- Housing – A review of housing needs and trends and recommendations that will create strong neighborhoods that support lifelong housing needs
- Transportation – Recommendations for a multi-model transportation network that supports the desired future land use patterns, including bicycle and pedestrian facility recommendations, a collector street network, street infill recommendations, and recommendations for applications of street types
- Implementation – Specific goals, policies, and action items to implement each element of the Leland 2045 plan
Public Input Opportunities
Community Workshop #1 - January 19, 2021 at 6PM
The Leland Planning Department is hosting a virtual community meeting Tuesday, January 19th at 6 p.m., to give the public an opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed Comprehensive Land Use Plan. The Comprehensive Plan is a tool used by the Town to prioritize areas of growth, community services, infrastructure, economic development, housing, natural resources, cultural resources, and other elements.
The virtual community meeting will include a presentation on what the Comprehensive Plan is and will include a survey that will help set priorities around how the Town can best support growth, protect the natural environment, support economic development and promote cultural diversity. Your input is critical to creating a successful Comprehensive Plan as it will shape Leland’s policies for the next 25 years!
The virtual meeting will be held on Zoom and participants need to register in advance here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_95LZUGmyTPOgW8o3rQqXTQ
- Leland 2045 11/16/20 Presentation to Town Council
- Leland 2045 Planning Area Map
- Video of 12/15/20 Work Session with Planning Board