Leland 2045 - Planning for Generations
Para traducción en Español, por favor envíenos un correo electrónico
Community Workshop #3 - Wednesday September 29, 2021 6-7pm
Cape Fear Room, Leland Town Hall
This will be a drop-in style in-person meeting. Attendees are welcome to come between 6 and 7pm to and view displays highlighting the draft themes, goals, vision statement, and future land use framework.
Leland and Design Workshop staff will be available to answer questions and accept feedback and comments.
Creating a plan for the future of Leland
Leland is creating a comprehensive plan for land use that updates, incorporates, and builds upon land use and transportation plans previously adopted by Leland, while creating the policy framework for intelligent growth over a 25-year planning horizon.
Leland has partnered with Design Workshop, a renowned and award-winning consulting firm with over 60 years of experience to create the Leland 2045 plan. Leland 2045 will include the following elements:
- Community Assessment – A thorough review of population, housing, demographic, and economic trends, and projections
- Natural Resources, Resiliency, and Hazard Mitigation – An analysis of environmental assets, areas for preservation and conservation, and how future development can be guided in a manner to minimize susceptibility to natural disasters
- Historic, Cultural, and Heritage Preservation and Enhancement – An inventory of historic, cultural, and heritage resources and information and how future development can celebrate and enhance the history and culture of the area
- Land Use and Community Design – An analysis of Leland's existing land use and recommendations for a framework for future development that creates place-based neighborhood nodes and transects
- Housing – A review of housing needs and trends and recommendations that will create strong neighborhoods that support lifelong housing needs
- Transportation – Recommendations for a multi-model transportation network that supports the desired future land use patterns, including bicycle and pedestrian facility recommendations, a collector street network, street infill recommendations, and recommendations for applications of street types
- Implementation – Specific goals, policies, and action items to implement each element of the Leland 2045 plan
Public Input Opportunities
Interested in receiving email updates about Leland 2045? Email us and we will add you to our email list!
Want to submit a question or comment? Email us!
Public Engagement Round 1- Vision, Goals, Priorities
- Results of Public Feedback Responses from Community Workshop #1, Public Survey #1, and Public Engagement Hub (PDF)
- Consolidation of Open-Ended Question Responses from Communit Workshop #1, Public Survey #1, and Public Engagement Hub (PDF)
Public Survey #1 - Vision, Goals, Priorities - (Survey #1 closed, Click here to view survey results)
Community Workshop #1 - Held Virtually on 1/19/21
- Link to Video of Workshop #1
- Workshop #1 Survey Results (PDF)
- Workshop #1 Survey Results - Graph Format (PDF)
- Questions from Workshop #1 and Responses (PDF)
Public Engagement Round 2 - Future Growth Scenarios
Public Survey #2 - Future Growth Scenarios - (Survey #2 closed, Click here to view survey results)
Community Workshop #2 - Held Virtually on 3/25/2021
Public Engagement Round 3
Community Workshop #3 - Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 6-7pm, Cape Fear Room, Leland Town Hall
- The final community workshop for the Leland 2045 project will be held in-person at Leland Town Hall. The workshop will be "drop in" style with no presentation; attendees are welcome to come in between 6 and 7pm and view displays highlighting the draft themes, goals, vision statement, and future land use framework. Leland and Design Workshop staff will be available to answer questions and accept feedback and comments.
Public Engagement Hub
Visit the Leland 2045 Public Engagement Hub to provide your input in person in Town Hall!
To ensure safe social distancing please email us to set up a time to visit the Hub!
My Perfect Neighborhood - Link to Document (PDF)
- Project Email Update #2 - 3/12/21 (PDF)
- Project Email Update #1 - 2/19/21 (PDF)
- 1/19/21 Town Council Work Session Survey Results (PDF)
- Video of 12/15/20 Work Session with Planning Board
- 11/16/20 Presentation to Town Council (PDF)
- Leland 2045 Public Engagement Schedule (PDF)
- Leland 2045 Planning Area Map (PDF)
- A Guide to Long-Term Growth (North Brunswick Magazine)
- North Carolina's Fastest Growing Town Plans for Growth (Leland Magazine)
- New project in place to address Leland's rapid growth through 2045 (WWAY)
- How should Leland handle its population explosion? You help decide. (StarNews suscriber only content)
- Leland launches “Public Engagement Hub” for interactive feedback (WECT)
- Leland looks to the future (Greater Wilmington Business Journal suscriber only content)
- Leland asks for residents' help to plan what town will be by 2045 (Port City Daily)
- Leland launches long-term growth plan, invites public to participate in 'Leland 2045' (WECT)
- What will Leland look like in 2045? The town is developing a growth plan (WWAY)