Leland 2045 - Planning for Generations
Para traducción en Español, por favor envíenos un correo electrónico
Public Survey #2 - Future Growth Scenarios - Now Open! Click here to take the survey:
Creating a plan for the future of Leland
Leland is creating a comprehensive plan for land use that updates, incorporates, and builds upon land use and transportation plans previously adopted by Leland, while creating the policy framework for intelligent growth over a 25-year planning horizon.
Leland has partnered with Design Workshop, a renowned and award-winning consulting firm with over 60 years of experience to create the Leland 2045 plan. Leland 2045 will include the following elements:
- Community Assessment – A thorough review of population, housing, demographic, and economic trends, and projections
- Natural Resources, Resiliency, and Hazard Mitigation – An analysis of environmental assets, areas for preservation and conservation, and how future development can be guided in a manner to minimize susceptibility to natural disasters
- Historic, Cultural, and Heritage Preservation and Enhancement – An inventory of historic, cultural, and heritage resources and information and how future development can celebrate and enhance the history and culture of the area
- Land Use and Community Design – An analysis of Leland's existing land use and recommendations for a framework for future development that creates place-based neighborhood nodes and transects
- Housing – A review of housing needs and trends and recommendations that will create strong neighborhoods that support lifelong housing needs
- Transportation – Recommendations for a multi-model transportation network that supports the desired future land use patterns, including bicycle and pedestrian facility recommendations, a collector street network, street infill recommendations, and recommendations for applications of street types
- Implementation – Specific goals, policies, and action items to implement each element of the Leland 2045 plan
Public Input Opportunities
Interested in receiving email updates about Leland 2045? Email us and we will add you to our email list!
Want to submit a question or comment? Email us!
Public Engagement Round 1- Vision, Goals, Priorities
- Results of Public Feedback Responses from Community Workshop #1, Public Survey #1, and Public Engagement Hub (PDF)
- Consolidation of Open-Ended Question Responses from Communit Workshop #1, Public Survey #1, and Public Engagement Hub (PDF)
Public Survey #1 - Vision, Goals, Priorities - (Survey #1 closed, Click here to view survey results)
Community Workshop #1 - Held 1/19/21
- Link to Video of Workshop #1
- Workshop #1 Survey Results (PDF)
- Workshop #1 Survey Results - Graph Format (PDF)
- Questions from Workshop #1 and Responses (PDF)
Public Engagement Round 2 - Future Growth Scenarios
Public Survey #2 - Future Growth Scenarios - (Survey #2 closed, results will be posted soon)
Community Workshop #2 - March 25, 2021 at 7pm on Zoom
- This second workshop kicked off the next round of public engagement and presented the draft vision and theme statements for feedback and also potential growth scenarios for Leland.
- A link to a recording of the meeting and the input results will be posted soon.
Public Engagement Round 3
Public Survey #3 - Scheduled for August 2021
Community Workshop #3 - Scheduled for August 2021
Public Engagement Hub
Visit the Leland 2045 Public Engagement Hub to provide your input in person in Town Hall!
To ensure safe social distancing please email us to set up a time to visit the Hub!
My Perfect Neighborhood - Link to Document (PDF)
- Project Email Update #2 - 3/12/21 (PDF)
- Project Email Update #1 - 2/19/21 (PDF)
- 1/19/21 Town Council Work Session Survey Results (PDF)
- Video of 12/15/20 Work Session with Planning Board
- 11/16/20 Presentation to Town Council (PDF)
- Leland 2045 Public Engagement Schedule (PDF)
- Leland 2045 Planning Area Map (PDF)
- A Guide to Long-Term Growth (North Brunswick Magazine)
- North Carolina's Fastest Growing Town Plans for Growth (Leland Magazine)
- New project in place to address Leland's rapid growth through 2045 (WWAY)
- How should Leland handle its population explosion? You help decide. (StarNews suscriber only content)
- Leland launches “Public Engagement Hub” for interactive feedback (WECT)
- Leland looks to the future (Greater Wilmington Business Journal suscriber only content)
- Leland asks for residents' help to plan what town will be by 2045 (Port City Daily)
- Leland launches long-term growth plan, invites public to participate in 'Leland 2045' (WECT)
- What will Leland look like in 2045? The town is developing a growth plan (WWAY)