To view the Lanvale Forest Annexation Report please click here
Trash & Recycling
Trash and Recycling Pickup is on Friday
Waste Industries is a private company who provides residential trash and recycling collection on Fridays throughout the
Leland area. Trash is picked up every Friday, and recycling alternates every other Friday. If questions, call Waste Industries at 910-253-4177.
Vegetative Debris Drop-Off Site
The vegetative or lawn waste debris site is run by the Town of Leland for its residents only, no outside or commercial dumping is accepted.
187 Old Lanvale Rd NE
Wednesday & Saturday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
(Site is closed on holidays)
The grey roll out carts are for trash service and the blue roll out carts are for recycling.
Acceptable items for curbside recycling
- Sorted Office Paper
- Cereal Boxes
- Shoe Boxes
- Junk mail
- Telephone Books
- Green, Brown, & Clear Glass
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Gable-Top Cartons (Milk Cartons)
- Empty Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Beverage Cans
- Aluminum, Steel & Tin Food Cans
- Aluminum Foils
- Plastics #1-7
Unacceptable items include
- Bagging material
- Mirrors, window or auto glass, light bulbs, ceramics, antifreeze containers, plastic bags, coat
hangers, paint cans, or any household items (such as toasters, cooking pots or pans, etc.)
- Hard cover books
- Plastic clam shells, PVC pipe/tubing, vinyl siding, Styrofoam or polystyrene, plastic medical waste, and plastics that have come into contact with petroleum products and/or hazardous waste.
For more information, please contact Waste Industries at 910-253-4177.
Brunswick County Solid Waste & Recycling
Brunswick County Recycling programs accept a variety of items, including roof shingles, cooking oil, electronics and more.
The Brunswick County Convenience Site is located at 9921 Chappell Loop Road (off Blackwell Road), their phone number is 910-371-9471.