Town Facilities will be closed all day on Monday, May 30. Facilities will reopen on Tuesday, May 31.
The Town of Leland is considering an application for CDBG Neighborhood Revitalization funds from the North Carolina Rural Economic Development Division (REDD) to provide rehabilitation or replacement housing assistance to lower-income homeowner households. The program is sponsored by the Town of Leland, with funds potentially provided by the Rural Economic Development Division. The Town encourages owner-occupied households with lower incomes residing in substandard housing to contact the Town if they would like to be considered for a rehabilitation or replacement housing loan (up to 8-year term, 0% interest forgiven loan) offered through the CDBG program.
If you wish to be considered for CDBG assistance, you must return the three application forms in the packet below no later than June 14, 2022.
Para asistencia en Español contactar Ximena Rheaume a email@example.com o al (910) 338-1179.
To be considered for a loan, applicants must meet the criteria outlined below:
- Occupant household income must be at or below:
Household Size Annual Income Limit 1 $42,000 2 $48,000 3 $54,000 4 $60,000 5 $64,800 6 $69,600 7 $74,400 8 $79,200
- Applicants must be able to document that they are current on all taxes and obtained clear title to the property to be assisted at the time the Town considers formal applications for CDBG assistance.
- All households served must occupy a unit with severe structural deficiencies or severe water and/or sewer needs. This program is designed to address housing needs, not minor structural cosmetic improvements.
- No rental units nor vacant units will be considered for assistance.
- All units must be located within the corporate limits of the Town of Leland.
- Manufactured housing must have been converted into real property if owned and occupied by the homeowner prior to selection.