Animal Services

Animal Services

The Leland Police Animal Services officer is responsible for enforcing Town of Leland domestic animal ordinances.

Traps can be placed to assist with problem or nuisance animals; however any wildlife caught in a trap must be released where captured. The Town does not relocate wildlife or respond to wildlife calls unless an animal has signs of rabies.

If you need to get in touch with animal control, call 911.



Any issues with squirrels, possums, bears, snakes and other wildlife can be addressed by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission by calling 866-318-2401 or online at NC Wildlife does not remove or relocate wild animals, but can connect callers with wildlife rehabilators.