Floodplain management is a vital part of planning for natural disasters. The Town of Leland Planning and Inspections Department is committed to providing all residents with the most up to date information regarding floodplains and continuously strives to develop and implement new ways of protecting the life and property of the citizens.
You may contact Andrew Neylon at (910) 332-4817 if you have any questions regarding the floodplain and your property.
To determine if a property is within a Special Flood Hazard Area, you can use Leland's interactive flood zone map.
Click the icon below to open the map.
- Floodsmart.org - National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- NC Flood Inundation Mapping and Alert Network (FINMAN)
- FIMAN provides real-time data on stream elevation, rainfall and weather parameters from over 550 gauges across North Carolina. Some sites may be rain or stage gauges only while some may have weather data available. The gauges on FIMAN are from the U.S. Geological Survey, managed by the Division of Emergency Management (NCDEM), or operated by local government agencies and private organizations. To learn more about FIMAN visit https://fiman.nc.gov/About.aspx
- NC Flood Risk Information System
- NC Department of Public Safety
- National Hurricane Center
- Map of Elevation Certificates on file with Leland
- Map of LOMAs (Letters of Map Amendments) on file with Leland
- How to File a Flood Insurance Claim
- Cómo presentar una reclamación del seguro contra inundaciones
- Preferred Risk Policies: A Small Investment Protects You from a Big Problem
- Pólizas de Riesgo Preferido: Una pequeña inversión lo protege de un gran problema
- Why do I need flood insurance?
- ¿Por qué necesito un seguro contra inundaciones?
- Protect Your Property From Flooding