Permitting & Building Inspections
Important Notice - Change in Payment Process for System Development Fees and Meter Fees
Starting Monday, March 29, 2021, utility fees including system development fees and meter fees must be paid to the utility service provider (H2Go or Brunswick County) prior to applying for a building permit. As part of the permit application, it will be required to upload proof of those payments in the form of a reciept or other documentation that clearly identify the address for which the fees have been paid.
For areas described as Leland water and/or sewer service areas, the utility services will now be administered by H2Go.
Leland will continue to collect payments for system development fees and meter fees for projects that were invoiced to the customer prior to March 29, 2021.
Building Inspections staff ensure public safety by administering compliance with applicable building codes and design requirements.
Permitting staff assist customers by receiving and processing applications for building permits, issuing permits, and scheduling inspections.
For Plan Review questions:
William "Bill" Thornton
Building Plans Reviewer
For Permitting questions:
For Code Interpretations or Inspections questions:
Chief Building Official
Projects are reviewed to comply with the following codes, with no amendments.
- Building/Dwelling Code – 2018 NC Building Code
- Structural Code - 2018 NC Building Code CH 16
- Plumbing Code - 2018 NC Plumbing Code
- Mechanical Code - 2018 NC Mechanical Code
- Electrical Code - 2017 NC Electrical Code
- Fire Code - 2018 NC Fire Prevention Code and NFPA 10
- Life Safety Code - 2018 NC Building Code
- Accessibility Code – 2009 ICC A117.1
- Energy Code - 2018 NC Energy Conservation Code
- Wind Design Code - 2018 NC Building Code Appendix B