Permitting & Building Inspections
Building Inspections staff ensure public safety by administering compliance with applicable building codes and design requirements.
Permitting staff assist customers by receiving and processing applications for building permits, issuing permits, and scheduling inspections.
Projects are reviewed to comply with the following codes, with no amendments.
- Building/Dwelling Code – 2018 NC Building Code
- Structural Code - 2018 NC Building Code CH 16
- Plumbing Code - 2018 NC Plumbing Code
- Mechanical Code - 2018 NC Mechanical Code
- Electrical Code - 2017 NC Electrical Code
- Fire Code - 2018 NC Fire Prevention Code and NFPA 10
- Life Safety Code - 2018 NC Building Code
- Accessibility Code – 2009 ICC A117.1
- Energy Code - 2018 NC Energy Conservation Code
- Wind Design Code - 2018 NC Building Code Appendix B